Certificate course used by top broadcasters and journalism schools.
The complete masterclass for Mobile Journalism used by top broadcasters and journalism schools.
NOTE: If you are a professor teaching
, please ask your university librarian to order this course as a campus license.
They can write to
and request a quote a site license.
This course will guide you step-by-step through the reporting and production methods for mobile journalism.
Students will learn to use their phones for filming, editing, interviewing, reporting, script writing ,voice-overs, and writing to pictures.
You will make 10 projects and build skills and confidence at each step of your journey.
What will I learn in this course?
- The storytelling techniques for creating snackable and shareable visual content for mobile audiences.
- How to create a wide range of multimedia content and how to organize workflows.
This course pack is used by students and faculty at major universities in Europe and the USA and is designed to help busy professors lead students on a video storytelling journey for an entire semester. From setting up the camera to making a mini-documentary film.
Students will make 10 projects and build skills at each step. Professors can use these for grading purposes and students to build up a portfolio.
This course is used by reporters at The New York Times, Reuters, 24SATA, RTÉ, AP, Mediacorp, Channel News Asia, The Straits-Times, SPH Magazines, TVN24, VRT Belgium, and CNN.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
• Use smartphones for newsgathering
• Shoot video with smartphones
• Produce live streams using smartphones
• Conduct interviews with smartphones
• Edit video with smartphones
• Present stories for mobile audiences
• Produce videos for different social platforms
• Produce social video reports with a smartphone
• Write a great script and record voice-over narration
• Produce reporter-led stories
• Report character-led stories
• Produce piece-to-camera segments
• Produce vertical video stories
• Make a video from photos and a script
• Edit video on deadline
• Record smooth video
• Film in shot sizes and patterns
• Use the best apps for video
• Perform simple, but powerful video editing
• Compress time with sequences
• Edit audio tracks
• Storyboard a short video report
• Organize visual elements into a video story
"Robb is an excellent instructor. He knows his subject matter and teaches each module clearly. I highly recommend his course. Enroll now!"
— Jayson Guerrero
"I am a senior at Notre Dame in a Multimedia Journalism class with Len Clark and I found this course to be extremely helpful and interesting! Definitely many tools that I can utilize in my future career!"
— Elizabeth Carson
This video course content is used by universities worldwide to develop their certificate programs in mobile journalism.
It is the required course pack that never goes out of date, because these lessons are refreshed.
"Robb is very clear and straightforward in his teaching, and I appreciate the way his lectures are backed up with slide or text reviews. Production quality is professional. Highly recommended
– Stephen Box